Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jason: Pay up!


When I was 8 years old, my brother Jason bet me $100 that the New Kids on the Block would not be famous when I was 18 years old. Well, I'm over 18 now (just by a few years), and I just saw these guys on the Late Show with Jimmy Fallon the other night. Does this mean that Jason needs to pay up?

What to do with that NKOTB t-shirt still lingering in my dresser? Take a page out of Zoe Klutch's book and upcycle it into a clutch. This one is from her vintage collection. Does that make me vintage too?

4 comments:

Holly Battle said...

That is awesome! I totally think it is time for Jason to pay up. It would be just a small step in making up for the harassment we took at pre-teens for being so in-love with the NKOTB!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your blog I looked up Jimmy Fallon and New Kids. I think they are worse now than they were then, which is a pretty remarkable feat. Speaking of feet...nice shoes Donnie!

I'm not sure how old you are now but were they still famous when you were actually 18? That seems to be the bet.

Either way I say no money should change hands. This is just one of those lame reunion tours that happens all the time.

Drop the T& swap the N & K to find out what these guys really are.

Houston's Weekly Chic said...

Hmmm, I have a strange feeling that Mr. Anonymous does in fact know how old I am.

I believe that the age of "18" was a hypothetical. The point of the bet was that NKOTB would only be a household name for a few years and then would disappear. I was only saying that they have been all over the media in the last year, and therefore have not disappeared.

I want my $100.

mmd said...

Children, please be nice to one another!