Friday, April 2, 2010

Cultural Weekend?


One of my (many) New Years Resolutions, was to see more live theatre in H-town this year. We have exceptional talent in this city, and all of our theatres can use our moral (and especially financial) support now more than ever. Every now and then I get to see a show that is so raw, so real, it blows me away and makes me remember why I became a theatre buff in the first place. Last weekend I had the immense pleasure of previewing Sam Shepard's True West with Pendulum Theatre Company. I've seen True West performed multiple times over the years, and this is the first time that I have seen a company capture the true spirit of Shepard's vision. The icing on the cake for me was that each $10 ticket comes with free spirits. Theatre and wine, my two favorite things in one place? Ahh happiness. It's playing through April 10th, so be sure to check it out!

Midtown Art Center. 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Through April 10. 3414 La Branch For information, call 832-746-7347 or visit www.pendulumtheatre.com. $10.

No comments: