Sunday, December 16, 2012

Emerald City at Charming Charlie

Ever since Pantone announced emerald as its color of the year for 2013, I've been itching to add a touch of it to my wardrobe.  Now personally, I think "emerald" green can be whatever shade of green you wish it to be, but I was on the hunt for the true Pantone shade 17-5641.

Known for its chromatic shopping experience, I decided to put Charming Charlie to the test, to see if I could find some true emerald green amongst its racks and racks of goodies.  Well, well, look who delivered:)  Not only did I find some extremely close shades, I actually had a difficult time narrowing down my choices.  Ready to add a little emerald into your life, and be spot on trend for spring?  I'll show you what I threw together, but there's lots more where that came from at C.C.

Pretty close match, huh?  So I immediately snatched up this truly emerald sweater.  Obviously the color was luscious, but the design was very anthro so I couldn't pass it up.  The natural compliment to emerald: yellow gold.  Bright, shiny, sparkly yellow gold and emeralds go together like Fred and Ginger.



Oh yes, and a panther.  Everybody needs a panther:)

No comments: