Monday, June 6, 2011

Hearsay Gastro Lounge

Some places concoct amazing cocktails, some exhibit their strengths in a delightful gourmet menu, while others have ambiance to keep the crowds coming back again and again. It's rare to find a place that marries all 3 together so harmoniously, but here it is Houstonians: Hearsay Gastro Lounge. I think the photos say it all, but I'll describe some of it along the way.
Nestled inside one of the oldest buildings in Houston, it is cozy and oh-so-chic.

I had these redonkulously delicious Lamb Chop Pops (sorry my vegetarian friends), with mushroom risotto, sauteed vegetables and a port wine reduction.

A perfectly blended Sazerac

I think this drink was called the "Admiral," though my memory may be incorrect (from too many Admirals perhaps?). All I know, it was FULL of liquor, yet tasted like a refreshing orange-carrot fizz mixture. I could have easily had 5 of these...in less than an hour.

The face of a very happy customer

No comments: