Last week, Serente Spa gave me some serious pampering. I visited them in Uptown Park for my very first eyelash extensions. I went in knowing almost nothing about the process, and was pleasantly surprised by how quick, easy and pain-free the whole process was. Brittney, the master aesthetician was unbelievably fast. Extreme eyelash extensions are natural looking, synthetic eyelashes that are glued to your individual lashes one by one. The bond is created by special glue developed by an ophthalmologist, so there is no risk to your own lashes and no harm done to your eyes.
The best part. No mascara for two full weeks. I've worn significantly less make-up these past two weeks, because I wake up with my eyes looking fresh, bright, and ready to run out the door. Super low-maintenence that is ideal for those of us that are often too busy to even run a brush through our hair in the morning:)
- Your initial full set of extensions takes around 45 minutes, while refills can be done in as little as 30 minutes.
- Be sure to remove any mascara to ensure a strong bond. To maintain the full, thick appearance of a new set of eyelashes, they recommend coming in every two-three weeks, based on your own natural eyelash growth cycle.
- Full set is $175
- Fill in starts at $65 and goes up to $120 depending on how many lashes need to be added.
- Usually 2 weeks is time for a fill in. You'll know when it's time after you've lost about 1/3 to a 1/2 of them!
- You won't need mascara, but you can use eye shadow and liner, just use an oil free makeup remover
- Don't get them wet for 24 hours if possible. And try to be aware they are there during showers and swimming.